Hello My Name Is...
I am very pleased to have your child in my class. I am certain that with your cooperation and support, together we will be able to maximize your child's educational achievements. I look forward to an outstanding and successful school year!
If you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Douglass Elementary School (915-236-8750) for any questions or concerns. Or you can e-mail me at email@example.com . My conference time is 9:45-10:30. My room number is 209
- Follow directions.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
- Make smart choices!
- Keep your dear teacher happy!
If a student moves his/her clip down to Think About It, Teacher's Choice and/or Parent Contact, student will complete a small slip with his/her name, date, and check off what he/she did to move clip down. This will serve as documentation on their behavior. It is important to note that students are able to move up and down the chart during the day. They move their clip one space at a time and are not stuck on a particular color for the entire day. However, if a student makes it to Teacher's Choice or Parent Contact, they still have to serve the consequence even if they are able to move back up the chart.
The following consequences will be in place:
YELLOW: Think About It
ORANGE: Teacher's Choice
(I will choose one of the following)
Loss of Recess Time
Loss of Computer time
RED: Parent Contact
(Parent's will be contacted in addition to another consequence listed below depending on what the student did.)
Student will sit at an individual desk (time out)
Referral to Administration
- Self-respect, the respect of others and pride.
- REWARD TICKETS: Students will earn 1 ticket each day their clip stays on SUPER STUDENT. Their names will be written on the tickets. A ticket will be drawn every week for a prize.
- GLIMMER & SHINE: Students will receive a jewel to place on their clip each time it's on SUPER STUDENT. After five jewels, clips will be retired to the Hall of Fame and a new clip will be given.
- POSITIVE PARENT CONTACT: Certificate to students who make it to SUPERS STUDENT. Call or write a note to parents to share the great news.